Monday, June 10, 2013

A Star Is Born

I am eleven weeks old tomorrow so there is a lot to catch you up on.  Since neither Mommy or Daddy believe in Facebook, I thought this would be a nice way for family and friends to hear what I'm up to and see some pictures of me.  My life so far has been pretty awesome.  The daily routine around here includes lots of cuddling, listening to music, eating, dirtying diapers, and the calming sound of barking dogs.

I was born on March 26 at 5:21 in the morning.  My arrival was four weeks earlier than what the doctor called my "due date".  Well, no one checked with me and my reservation was for Tuesday the 26th so that is when I showed up.  Daddy tells me I was very small and I guess looking now at the size of the newborn diaper I was wearing does seem to point that way.

I have my own room, but I don't sleep in it yet.  Mostly I hang out there on my activity mat while Annie keeps watch.  Oh, and this is where my diaper gets changed.  That happens about 465 times a day.


Even though I started out small, I am getting bigger.  At my two-month check-up I weighed in at 8 lbs. 4.6 oz.  That's a long way from 4 lbs. 15 oz., but it still puts me in the first percentile.  That is kind of embarrassing.

 You know what I didn't like at first?  Baths.  They made me cold and I do not like being cold! These days I don't mind them as much.  I like how they make my hair fluffy.

I don't know if you've heard, but it is hard work being a baby.  I often find I need to recharge my batteries.  My preferred sleep situation is in someone's arms, but I'll snooze on my Boppy or in my swing if need be.


I took my first walk to the center of town with my Mommy and Daddy on Sunday and hung out in the little park there.  I asked for a donut when Mommy got one, but she gave me milk instead.  I am getting pretty tired of milk.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

2 comments: